Annual Wellness Exams Clinic in Crown Point IN
The Annual Wellness Visit (AWV) allows doctors to gain information about the patient, including medical and family history, health risks, and specific vitals. The group of experienced doctors and medical staff at Mullally Sports and Family Medicine are here to help and provide care you are looking for. For more information, please contact us or schedule an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 11275 Delaware Pkwy Suite A, Crown Point, IN 46307.
Table of Contents:
Annual wellness exams, also referred to as annual checkups or preventive exams, are routine visits with a physician intended to evaluate and maintain your general health and well-being. A thorough review of your medical history, a physical examination, and various tests and screenings to assess your risk for common health conditions are commonly included in an annual wellness exam.
By scheduling an annual wellness exam, you can prevent chronic health conditions and detect any potential health issues early on, which will result in more effective treatment and better health outcomes. Regular check-ups also establish a strong patient-provider relationship, which is crucial in maintaining good health over time. Don’t wait until you’re feeling ill to visit your doctor. Schedule your annual wellness exam today to stay on top of your health and well-being.
Some of the main components of an annual wellness exam include:
• Review of medical history – The doctor will go over your medical background, including any previous illnesses, operations, allergies, medications, and family history of disease.
• Physical examination – The doctor will conduct a physical examination, taking your height, weight, blood pressure, and other vital signs as part of the process. They might also check your joints, skin, heart, abdomen, lungs, ears, nose, and throat.
• Screening tests – The doctor may perform a range of screening tests, including blood tests, urine tests, cholesterol checks, cancer checks, and others, depending on your age, gender, and overall health.
• Risk assessment – Based on your age, gender, medical history, and lifestyle factors, your healthcare provider will determine your risk for specific health conditions like diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. The doctor may perform additional screening tests and recommend preventative measures.
• Health counselling – The physician will provide suggestions on stress management, a healthy diet and exercise routine, and other wellness practices.
• Immunizations – Depending on your age, travel plans and medical history, the doctor may advise receiving flu shots, pneumonia shots, or other vaccinations.
A patient’s health status is assessed during an annual physical exam, which focuses primarily on a thorough physical examination. Vital signs like blood pressure, heart rate, and temperature may be checked, as well as the abdomen, ears, nose, and throat. The exam also often includes a neurological function test and the physician will listen to the heart and lungs. Additionally, the doctor may order blood tests and other diagnostic procedures during an annual physical.
In contrast, an annual wellness examination covers a patient’s overall health and well-being. In addition to reviewing the patient’s medical history and recommending screenings or preventive measures based on the patient’s age, gender, and medical history, the doctor will also perform a physical examination. Additionally, health counselling may be offered, including advice on stress management and healthy lifestyle decisions such as diet and exercise.
The primary distinction between a wellness exam and an annual physical is the focus of the visit. An annual physical exam focuses primarily on the physical aspects of the patient, whereas a wellness exam provides a more thorough assessment of the patient’s overall health and well-being. Depending on the patient’s unique needs, the specific components of each type of exam can change.
The frequency of wellness exams will vary depending on several factors, such as your age, gender, overall health status, and any underlying medical conditions you have. However, as a general guideline, it is recommended that most adults receive a wellness exam once a year.
In addition to yearly wellness exams, it’s crucial to see a doctor if you experience any new or unusual symptoms or changes in your health status. Additionally, it’s important to adhere to any advice or recommendations your healthcare provider has given you regarding screening procedures like mammograms, colonoscopies, and other age-appropriate preventive measures.
The frequency of wellness exams and other preventive care measures will be determined by your healthcare provider based on your unique health status and medical history, so be sure to discuss your specific needs with them at your next visit. We serve clients from Crown Point IN, Winfield IN, Schererville IN, St. John IN, Cedar Lake IN, Munster IN, Lowell IN, DeMotte IN, as well as other Northwest Indiana locations.
Additional Services You May Like
Additional Services You May Like
- Acute and Chronic Illness
- Annual Wellness Exams
- Concussion Management
- Lab Testing
- Medical Weight Loss Management
- Primary Care
- PRP Injections
- Regenerative Cell Therapy
- Same Day Sick Visits
- Shockwave Lab
- Actinic Keratosis
- Allergy Care
- Botox for Migraine
- Cosmetic Skin Treatment
- Cyst Removal
- Ear Wax Removal
- Flu Shots
- Laceration Repairs
- Molluscum Contagiosum
- Mullally Medspa Services
- Nebulizer Treatment
- Nutrition And Exercise Management
- Pregnancy Testing
- Pulse Oximetry
- Respiratory Care
- Skin Tag Removal
- Strep and Flu
- Surgical Clearance
- TB Testing
- Ultrasound Guided Injections
- Women’s Health
- EPAT Therapy
- EMTT Therapy